Movies are wonderful pastime. Movies are enjoyed by people around the world. There are thousands of movies made each year, and millions of movie fans. It’s easy to find a movie that you haven’t seen already, but it’s hard to find a good movie that you’d want to watch. Fortunately, there are several ways to find movies that you might enjoy watching. Below is a list of several ways to find new movies to watch.
1) Newspaper film reviews – This is an old approach to finding which movies to watch. And yet it still works! Well, not always, The challenge is for you to find a movie critic that has a taste in movies that is similar to your tastes. This takes time and effort on your part. You might find a good critic right away, but it generally takes time. The critics are only people, and they make mistakes too. The strategy is for you to read a critic’s reviews and judge how well their opinion matches with yours. After a while, you’ll get a good sense of which critic agrees most with your tastes. Once you find a critic that you like, stay with them! It’s hard to find a good one.
2) RankAMovie.com – RankAMovie is a web site that allows anyone to add movies and rank movies in various categories. We all know the classic categories: best horror, best comedy, best drama, etc. Well, this web site helps you find recommendations for the best movie to watch at 2 o’clock in the morning when you don’t feel like sleeping. It’s a good way to find a recommendation for a good Baseball movie. Simply view a category that interests you, and read the description of any movies that you have not already seen. Once you do see a film, go back and rate it with a happy or sad face, to help tell others whether it’s a good film to watch.
3) Netflix – The netflix web site has revolutionized the modern day approach to renting movies. You can browse their vast stocks of movies, and add movies to you queue. As you watch movies and return them, they’ll mail you the next movie in your queue. Your account type determines how many movies you can have rented at any one time. You can rent a movie and then rate it on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best. The web site has a tool that will acknowledge which movies you have enjoyed in the past, and it tries to match your interests with other movie fans. Based on other people’s ratings of movies, you’ll get recommendations of what you can watch next.
4) Fan sites – This is not necessarily a way to find new movies to watch, but can help you find other movies fans with similar tasts to yours. Of course, you’ll need to be a fan of some actor or type of movie first. Let’s say you love horror movies, then you could find a horro fan site and read the site for recommendations. Sometimes the fan site will help you find good movies. But, sometimes these sites are not so helpful.
5) Friends -Yes, your friends are a great way to find new movies to watch. Simply ask them during lunch for a recommendation. You could send them a quick email to ask for recommendations. Better yet, pick up the phone and ask them for recommendations. And, of course, ask how they are and say hello. They’ll thank you for calling.
Your free time is limited. Use these various methods to find good movies. Don’t waste your free time with bad movies. And remember to visit these web sites or contact friends to help others find good movies to watch!